The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released new guidance that shortens quarantine in certain situations. CDC: Options to Reduce Quarantine for Contacts of Persons with SARS-CoV-2 Infection Using Symptom Monitoring and Diagnostic Testing
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is reviewing the CDC guidance and will make recommendations over the next few days. We will update all documents to reflect any changes.
For the time being, people should continue to follow the current MDH guidelines, including to stay home (quarantine) for 14 days if exposed to COVID-19. Close Contacts and Tracing
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Resources to Find Low-Cost Health Care or Get Health Insurance
For download and print:
Resources to Find Low-Cost Health Care or get Health Insurance (PDF)
- Resources in Amharic (PDF)
- Resources in Arabic (PDF)
- Resources in Chinese (PDF)
- Resources in Dari (PDF)
- Resources in French (PDF)
- Resources in Hmong (PDF)
- Resources in Japanese (PDF)
- Resources in Karen (PDF)
- Resources in Khmer (PDF)
- Resources in Korean (PDF)
- Resources in Lao (PDF)
- Resources in Nepali (PDF)
- Resources in Oromo (PDF)
- Resources in Pashto (PDF)
- Resources in Russian (PDF)
- Resources in Somali (PDF)
- Resources in Spanish (PDF)
- Resources in Swahili (PDF)
- Resources in Tagalog (PDF)
- Resources in Ukrainian (PDF)
- Resources in Vietnamese (PDF)
Find low-cost health care
- Bridge to Benefits: MN Low-Cost Health Care Directory
Enter your county to find a list of low-cost clinics near you.
- Minnesota Association of Community Health Centers (MNACHC)
Use the map or enter your location to find a Community Health Center (Federally Qualified Health Center) near you. Community Health Centers provide medical, dental, and behavioral health services to people with limited access to care.
Find health insurance
- MNsure Apply and Enroll for insurance
You can apply for insurance, such as Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare, online or get an enrollment expert to help you. Most Minnesotans who enroll through MNsure qualify for financial help.
- MNsure Navigators
Navigators can help you enroll in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare (if you are eligible). They can also help you enroll in a private insurance plan and provide basic health insurance education. Many navigators are based in community organizations and offer assistance in languages including Chinese, Somali, Spanish, Hmong, and Vietnamese.
- Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Program
You may be able to sign up for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare when you are at the hospital. If you meet the requirements, you can be covered for services before completing a full application.
Find additional health services
- Local Health Departments and Community Health Boards
Contact the local health department and/or community health board in your county to seek guidance and ask about services you may be eligible for.