Minnesota Laboratory System
- Lab Testing for Measles at the MDH Public Health Laboratory
- Lab Disease Spotlight (Specimen Submission Information)
- CRE Laboratory Testing (Specimen Submission Information)
Last Updated: 06/30/2023
Important Links for Laboratories
The Minnesota Laboratory System (MLS)
Part of the mission of the Minnesota Laboratory System is to provide education and training to employees of laboratories operating in Minnesota. The below links are some of the most relevant to optimal laboratory practices.
General education and training
- The Association Public Health Laboratories (APHL) Training offers high-quality laboratory programs on critical topics in laboratory science. Find programs for P.A.C.E® and select from webinars, seminars and workshops. Unless otherwise noted, all trainings and webinars are free.
- The Public Health Foundation (PHF) is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to achieving healthy communities through research, training, and technical assistance. To order free and/or inexpensive resources, please see the PHF Bookstore.
- Minnesota Interlaboratory Microbiology Association (MIMA)
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) resources
- Laboratory Training: free training on a variety of laboratory topics.
- Division of Parasitic Diseases (DPDx) Parasitology Training offers hands-on training workshops, reference slides and CDs, online training courses and archived case studies.
- Biosafety in Microbial and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL): the 6th edition of the cornerstone of biosafety practice
- Bioterrorism Information
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
- Group B Strep Disease
- Select Agent Program
Minnesota Department of Health resources
- Minnesota Disease Reporting Rule
- Forms for Clinical Submitters
- Antibiogram (Antimicrobial Susceptibilities of Selected Pathogens)
- Disease Report Card (Yellow Card)
- CLIA Certificate of Compliance
Packaging and shipping rules for specimens
- Saf-T-Pak Division 6.2 Materials Internet Training
- FedEx Dangerous Goods Training
- UPS Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Guide
- Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR), which are issued by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration and govern the transportation of hazardous materials by highway, rail, vessel, and air. The HMR addresses hazardous materials classification, packaging, hazard communication, emergency response information, and training.