Shingles Information For Health Professionals
Shingles in health care settings
- Managing Herpes Zoster (Shingles) Exposures in Health Care Settings
Quick reference for managing exposures to zoster in health care settings.
Clinical features and epidemiology
- Shingles for Health Care Professionals
CDC information about shingles (herpes zoster).
- Varicella: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Varicella chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases includes information on herpes zoster, the recurrent varicella infection known as shingles.
- Photos of Shingles
CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease. Warning: graphic medical images.
- Reporting Zoster (Shingles)
Zoster (shingles) disease must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
Chickenpox and Shingles: School Reporting and Outbreak Recommendations
Information for school health personnel about chickenpox and shingles reporting requirements and surveillance and outbreak recommendations.
- Vaccination Guidance for the Prevention of Herpes Zoster (Shingles) (PDF)
Summary of vaccination recommendations to prevent shingles, including information on the Recombinant Zoster Vaccine (RZV), Shingrix.
- Do Not Freeze Shingrix (PDF)
Sign to hang on vaccine storage units as a reminder that Shingrix has to be stored in the refrigerator.
- Shingles Vaccine Product Information and VISs
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVIS
Recombinant Zoster Vaccine (RZV) GSK Shingrix Recombinant Shingles VIS Zoster Vaccine Live (ZVL)* Merck Zostavax Live Shingles VIS
- Shingrix Information for Health Care Professionals, CDC
Information from CDC on vaccination for health care professionals. Shingrix is recommended over Zostavax vaccine for the prevention of herpes zoster disease.
- Ask the Experts: Shingles Vaccine, IAC
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration.
ACIP Recommendations and MMWR reports
- Zoster (Shingles) ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).