IMG Residency Preparation Program – BRIIDGE
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
The University of Minnesota, in partnership with Minnesota Department of Health, will again offer a residency preparatory program for international medical graduates (IMGs). The faculty leads for this program are Drs. Hope Pogemiller, and Michael Westerhaus. This nine–month program will consist of inpatient and outpatient training opportunities as well as community and classroom based components to optimally prepare participants to match into and succeed in residency programs. Participants will be selected through a competitive application; and will be based on meeting the eligibility requirements as well as readiness for residency, personal initiative, ambitions, and motivations for desiring to complete residency, previous clinical experience, and future goals as a practicing professionals.
- Applications due online: Sunday, May 7, 11:59 p.m.
- Interview of candidates: Friday, June 2
- OSCE Simulation: Thursday, June 29, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Notification of selected participants: early August 2023
- An immigrant now residing permanently in the US as a US citizen or permanent resident;
- Did not enter the United States on a J1 or similar nonimmigrant visa following acceptance into a United States medical residency or fellowship program;
- MD degree or international equivalent;
- At least two years of documented Minnesota residency by January 1, 2024;
- ECFMG Certification including passing score on USMLE Steps 1 & 2 within 3 attempts;
- Demonstrated typing proficiency;and
- Personal health insurance coverage throughout the program period.
For more information please contact: