IMG Career Guidance and Support Grant Program
Applications due October 15 at 11:59pm CST.
Minnesota Department of Health invites all eligible nonprofit organizations to submit an application for the Immigrant International Medical Graduate (IMG) Career Guidance and Support Grant Program.
The International Medical Graduate (IMG) Career Guidance and Support Grant Program provides a foundation for a comprehensive program authorized by Minnesota Legislature to address barriers to practice and facilitate pathways to assist immigrant international medical graduates (IMGs) and other foreign trained health care professionals integrate into the Minnesota health care delivery system, with the goal of increasing access to primary care in rural and underserved areas of the state.
The Career Guidance and Support program serves as an entry point for Immigrant Medical Graduates in Minnesota to participate in programming that helps them become ready for health care career opportunities. The program serves to provide IMGs support in addressing barriers to residency and medical practice, and to assist IMGs in preparing for careers in the health care field using their medical background.
Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations that fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Are located in Minnesota.
- Have demonstrable experience working with immigrants/refugees in Minnesota.
- Have a track record providing career guidance and support in health occupations, and preferably with immigrants and refugees.
- Have experience partnering with educational and support service agencies to maximize resources.
- Have experience in collaborating with Minnesota health professionals licensing boards.
- Have an active organizational program website containing program resources, options for participants enrollment and contact links.
- Are culturally competent and understand health equity collaboration.
Up to $275,000 is available to fund an organization for 24 months to implement initiatives, which assist IMGs with career guidance and support in the recertification process. Applications must be submitted online through the MDH Grants Portal website no later than October 15, 2021, 11:59 pm CST.
Grant application forms and guidelines:
- 2021 IMG Career Guidance and Support RFP (PDF)
- 2021 IMG Career Guidance and Support Work Plan (PDF)
- 2021 IMG Career Guidance and Support Budget Form (PDF)
- MDH Due Diligence Form (PDF)
For more information please contact: