Statewide Trauma System
- Trauma System Home
- Fact Sheet
- Trauma Advisory Council
- Regional Advisory Committees
- e-Trauma Update
- Emergency Medical Services
- Hospital Resources
- Performance Improvement
- System Hospitals
- Trauma Registry
- Site Reviewer Resources
- Calendar of Events
- MDH Office of Rural Health and Primary Care
- MDH Injury & Violence Prevention Section
- MDH Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- EMS Regulatory Board
- MN Ambulance Association
- MN Emergency Medical Services for Children
- MN Hospital Association
- MN Trauma Registry Alliance
- Office of Traffic Safety
- Toward Zero Deaths
State Trauma Advisory Council/
Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
Joint Policy Committee
The Joint Policy Committee (JPC) is made up of three chair-appointed members from both the EMS Regulatory Board (EMSRB) and the Minnesota Department of Health's State Trauma Advisory Council (STAC). The JPC's primary task is to drive the coordinated development of a fully integrated statewide trauma system with clear goals and objectives.
To achieve this, the JPC will:
- Maximize the efficacy of the existing administrative structure of EMSRB and the MDH Trauma System Program to achieve consensus on policies and approaches to reach mutually beneficial goals
- Meet routinely - ongoing
- Analyze the American College of Surgeons 2007 Trauma System Consultation Report, establish priorities and determine necessary modifications
- Provide regular activity updates at EMSRB and STAC meetings
- Assure the primacy of a statewide focus in all discussions, deliberations, and recommendations
- Provide advisory recommendations to the EMSRB and the STAC
- MDH Trauma Program - lead staff support to the committee
- State EMS Medical Director
- EMSRB supervisory staff as available
- American College of Surgeons Consultation Final Report
- 2006 Health Resources and Services Administration Model Trauma System Planning and Evaluation tool
- Networking through the National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO) and its National Trauma Managers Council
- MNSTAR and MNTrauma registries
The Joint Policy Committee meets by teleconference on an as needed basis. Contact the trauma system coordinator for instructions to listen to the meetings.
August 2, 1:30-3:00 Cancelled
November 1, 1:30-3:00
Community Memorial Hospital, Cloquet
|Aaron Burnett, M.D.
Regions Hospital, St. Paul
|Anthony Chu, R.N.
|Kris Drevlow, D.O.
District One Hospital, Faribault
|Michael McGonigal, M.D.
Tri-County Hospital, Wadena
|Tami Bong, R.N.
St. Cloud Hospital
|Paula Kocken, M.D.