State Trauma Advisory Council/
Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
Joint Policy Committee
The Joint Policy Committee (JPC) is made up of three chair-appointed members from both the EMS Regulatory Board (EMSRB) and the Minnesota Department of Health's State Trauma Advisory Council (STAC). The JPC's primary task is to drive the coordinated development of a fully integrated statewide trauma system with clear goals and objectives.
To achieve this, the JPC will:
- Maximize the efficacy of the existing administrative structure of EMSRB and the MDH Trauma System Program to achieve consensus on policies and approaches to reach mutually beneficial goals
- Meet routinely - ongoing
- Analyze the American College of Surgeons 2007 Trauma System Consultation Report, establish priorities and determine necessary modifications
- Provide regular activity updates at EMSRB and STAC meetings
- Assure the primacy of a statewide focus in all discussions, deliberations, and recommendations
- Provide advisory recommendations to the EMSRB and the STAC
- MDH Trauma Program - lead staff support to the committee
- State EMS Medical Director
- EMSRB supervisory staff as available
- American College of Surgeons Consultation Final Report
- 2006 Health Resources and Services Administration Model Trauma System Planning and Evaluation tool
- Networking through the National Association of State EMS Officials (NASEMSO) and its National Trauma Managers Council
- MNSTAR and MNTrauma registries
The Joint Policy Committee meets via teleconference from 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. as needed. Those interested in listening to the meetings should contact the trauma system coordinator for instructions.
March 3 Cancelled
June 2 Cancelled
September 15 Cancelled
October 23; 8:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m.
|Aaron Burnett, M.D.
Regions Hospital, St. Paul
Community Memorial Hospital, Cloquet
|Kris Drevlow, D.O.
District One Hospital, Faribault
|Jeffrey Ho, M.D.
Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis
|Michael McGonigal, M.D.
|John Pate, M.D.
Tri-County Hospital, Wadena
|Tami Bong, R.N.
St. Cloud Hospital
If you have any questions regarding the Joint Policy Committee, contact the trauma system coordinator.