- Apply for WIC
- WIC Home
- Welcome to WIC!
- Shopping Help
- Local Agencies
- Health Care Providers
- Reports & Data
WIC Nutrition Continuing Education
On this page: Save the Date! New Trainings | Registration for MDH Trainings | MDH Live Registrations | MDH On Demand Learning | Training for Staff Development Conferences & Workshops | Ethics Courses | Self-Study Courses for Purchase | Accredited Education Programs for RDs
Save the Date! New Trainings
2-Part Series on Weight Stigma and Intuitive Eating
Part 1- Topic: Weight Stigma
- Date: Monday, January 30, 2023, from 8:30 am – 10:00 am
- Speaker: Laura Hooper, PhD, MS, RD
Part 2- Topic: Intuitive Eating
- Date: Friday, March 31, 2023, from 8:30 am- 10:00 am
- Speaker: Blair Burnette, PhD, MS
Understanding ACEs, Historical Trauma, and Resilience
- Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023, from 8:30 am- 10:00 am
- Speaker: Susan Beaulieu, MPP – University of Minnesota Extension Educator
Maternal Health, Neonatal Loss, and Supporting Families
- TBA- Fall 2023
- Speaker: Lindsey Wimmer, Executive Director Star Legacy Program
For questions about past and upcoming trainings, contact Carole.Kelnhofer@state.mn.us.
Registration for MDH Trainings
Registration for live and on-demand learning is held in the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Learning Center. Each individual staff member will need to log in or follow the instructions to create their own account and register for a LIVE or Pre-Recorded webinar or training.
To Locate Trainings: Log on to the MDH Learning Center and search keyword “WIC” to view and register for available trainings. Detailed information about the training can be found on the registration page.
Questions? Contact Carole.Kelnhofer@state.mn.us.
MDH Live Registrations
*Available for continuing education credits.
To register or view detailed information about available live registrations, see Register for On Demand Learning
Intuitive Eating: Promoting Positive Attitudes & Behaviors Within Families*
Friday, March 31, 2023, from 8:30-10:00 am CT (1.5 hours).
This is part two of a two-part series. In this presentation, Dr. Blair Burnette, PhD will introduce a comprehensive overview of intuitive eating and its evidence base. She will also provide concrete suggestions on how to promote intuitive eating among caregivers and within families.
MDH On Demand Learning
*Available for continuing education credits.
To register or view detailed information about available on demand learning, see Register for On Demand Learning
Included in New Staff Training
- Pre-recorded: WIC/FHV Maternal & Child Nutrition Webinars - First in a Series*
- Pre-recorded: WIC/FHV Maternal & Child Nutrition Webinars - Second in a Series*
- Pre-recorded: WIC/FHV Maternal & Child Nutrition Webinars - Third in a Series*
- Pre-recorded: WIC/FHV Maternal & Child Nutrition Webinars - Fourth in a Series*
- Level 1 Breastfeeding Curriculum
- Level 1 Breastfeeding Curriculum - RD/DTR/IBCLC Option*
- Level 2 Breastfeeding Curriculum
- Level 2 Breastfeeding Curriculum - RD/DTR Option*
- Level 2 Breastfeeding Curriculum - PEER ONLY
- WIC Baby Behavior Training
- WIC Toddler Behavior Training
- Introduction to Participant-Centered Counseling Skills - Non-RD/DTR Option
- Introduction to Participant-Centered Counseling Skills - RD/DTR Option*
- Participant-Centered Counseling Skills in Action - Non-RD/DTR Option
- Participant-Centered Counseling Skills in Action - RD/DTR Option*
- Prerecorded Strength-based, Body-positive Approaches to Nutrition Education*
- Prerecorded Formula 101: Understanding the Basics to Help Make Informed Formula Choices*
- MN WIC 2021 Pre-Recorded Conference*
- Prerecorded Peer Roundtable: Experiences from the Field*
- Pre-recorded: How to Eat the 8: Introduction to the Big 8 Allergenic Foods for Babies (+Sesame)*
- Pre-recorded: 8 Easy Ways to Offer Infants High Iron Foods*
- Pre-recorded: A Date with the Telephone Doctor: Golden Nuggets of Communication and Customer Service
Training for Staff Development
A Video Series Created for Continued Professional Development (PDF) The Adultitis Intervention Video Series is a tool created for WIC staff for professional development. The videos are short (5-8 minutes each), and may be used to start or wrap-up a meeting.
Conferences & Workshops
National WIC Association (NWA)
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE)
Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (MAND)
Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) Annual Conference
- Free CPEs (Becky Dorner & Associates)
- Breaking the Cultural Code: How to Counsel the Hispanic Population – Expires May 31, 2024
- What’s on the Menu? Delivering Culturally Appropriate Food and Nutrition Services -Expires March 25, 2024
Code of Ethics (Dietitian 360) - Expires January 1, 2023
Ethics CPEU Requirement Resources (Commission on Dietetic Registration)
Self-Study Courses to Purchase
Use this list of online education providers to identify training resources available for purchase. Choose courses that advance staff knowledge and skills in the practice of nutrition and counseling, applicable to the WIC population. MDH has not evaluated the content of these courses.
Commission on Dietetic Registration Searchable Database of Continuing Professional Education
Search the Continuing Professional Education Database for preapproved CPE activities, offered through CDR accredited providers. The database can be used to search for local activities and used to reference activities previously taken.
Wolf Rinke Associates EasyCPEcredits.com
Search the list of available courses. Courses are available to purchase in hard copy and electronic. Free Ethics e-credit available with purpose.
Courses offer certificates for dieticians and nurses from many state and national accrediting bodies.
Ellyn Satter Institute
Offers educational resources, consulting, and mentoring for nutrition and dietary professionals, medical professionals, educators, and public health professionals.
Accredited Education Programs for RDs
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics - Pathways to becoming an RD through Coordinated and Didactic programs. Includes options for Distance Education or for a graduate degree.