WIC Local Agencies
What You Need to Know...
- Formula Guidance - Formula contract transition and shortages, communications, documentation, and support.
- Medical Formulas Available at Local Agencies
- FORMULA RESOURCES & REFERENCES
- Minnesota WIC Formula Summary (MOM - Exhibit 7B) (PDF)
- MN WIC Contract Formula Amounts Guide (PDF)
- Minnesota WIC Medical Formula Amounts Guide (PDF)
- Formula Amounts Guide: Maximum Amounts by Federal Regulation (PDF)
- Formula Resource Manual (PDF)
Minnesota WIC Waivers are in place until 90 days after the nationally-declared public health emergency (PHE) expires.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services extended the federal PHE through mid-April, 2023. That extends Minnesota WIC waivers, including in-person services, through mid-July, 2023.
Minnesota WIC waivers may or may not be extended beyond mid-July, 2023. The State WIC Agency will notify local agencies when there is new information.
- BREASTFEEDING RESOURCES
- Breast Pumps: Orders and Claims Process
- Breastfeeding Resources (for participants)
- Breastfeeding Friendly Recognition Program
- WIC Transaction Troubleshooting Guide (PDF)
- Helpful Tips to Share with WIC Participants to Promote a Positive Shopping Experience (PDF)
- Shopping Help (for Participants) - Shopping Guides, checkout issues, using WIC Card, shopping tips, etc.
- Receipt Reading Guidance (PDF)
- The WIC Shopping Experience Module (55 minutes)
- VENDOR-RELATED TOPICS
- Using Self-Checkout with the WIC Card
- Grocery Store Search
- MN WIC APL (EXCEL) - The APL lists all of the WIC allowed foods and includes UPCs and product descriptions.
- APL, Produce Mapping, & the App
- UPC Submission Form - Submit this form if you think a product should be added to the APL (you will be required to attach a clear picture of the label).
- Glossary of Vendor eWIC Terms
- MN WIC Help Desk - Phone number, email, hours of availability for WIC Help Desk and WIC's Information System, and common help desk forms.
- HuBERT Cross-Reference Topics
- HuBERT Hints
- Identified Issues in HuBERT
- User Roles & Definitions (PDF)
- Hardware (Inventory, Site Planning/ Specifications/ Performance)
- Technical How-to's
- My Minnesota WIC App
- WINNIE (SPIRIT-Web Project)
- HuBERT Software Release Documents
- CIVIL RIGHTS RESOURCES
- CULTURAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Continuing Education Overview - Assessment, planning and documentation.
- Save the Date! New Trainings
- MDH Live Registrations
- MDH On Demand Learning
- Training for Staff Development
- Training Resources for Support Staff
- Conferences & Workshops
- Ethics Courses
- Free Online Training Resources for WIC Staff Development (PDF)
- Self-Study Courses to Purchase
- Accredited Education Programs for RDs
- FEEDING BEHAVIOR
- HEALTHY HABITS
- SUBSTANCE USE
- VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS
Local Agency Spotlights
- Utilization of Benefits (Dakota)
- Utilization of Benefits (St. Paul-Ramsey)
- WIC Kiosk for Outreach (Aitkin)
- Kiosks for Helping Apply for WIC (Olmsted)
- WIC Billboard (Nobles)
- Targeted Anemia Education (Anoka)
- Remote Services Model (Anoka)
- Success with TeleWIC! (North County)
- WIC Pop Up Clinics at Head Start Orientation (Olmsted)
- PROMOTING EQUITY
- 2021 PROJECTS
WIC Forms for Local Agencies
- Medical Formula Order Form
Use to order medical formula from the State Office.
- Brust Art (Materials)
Contact your Consultant for login. Use to order NE cards, shopping guides/ formula inserts, App brochures, Welcome to WIC, and outreach cards.
- Agency Materials Order Form
Use to order a variety of WIC education materials, civil rights posters, laminated R & R, baby behavior DVDs, BF resources, brochures, posters and magnets.
- Quarterly WIC Card Stock Order Form
Orders placed 4 times/year on 12/15, 3/15, 6/15 and 9/15. Shipments delivered ~6 weeks after order deadline.
- eWIC Transaction Issue Form (WORD)
Collect participant information if they have an eWIC transaction issue. Enough detail must be provided so that MDH WIC staff can research the issue.
- USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF)
WIC staff can help a participant file a report of a possible civil rights violation, which will be submitted directly to USDA.
- Minnesota WIC Help Desk Feedback Form
Use this form to provide feedback on MN WIC Help Desk call assistance.
- WINNIE Questions for the State Office
Submit questions about the new Information System, WINNIE.
- Request to Increase Administrative Funds (RIAF) Form (WORD)
MN WIC Operations Manual, Exhibit 2-C. Use to request an increase in authorized grant award to cover non-recurring costs related to program improvement or general infrastructure. Please discuss this request with your State WIC Consultant first.
- Local Agency Reports & Data Request
Use this form to submit requests for Infoview ad-hoc reports or other data requests.
- Request to Submit WIC User Access Changes
WIC Coordinators/Supervisors should submit this form to obtain a URL for the WIC Information User Requests Form.
- WIC IS Software Change Request Form
Suggest potential changes to the WIC Information System (IS) using this form, including: software changes, nutrition education/materials given/goal topics, and options for drop-down lists.
- My MN WIC App Suggestions
Suggest changes or enhancements to the My MN WIC App.
- Add or Remove Medical Formulas Available at Local Agencies - Website List
Add or remove medical formulas from the list on the Medical Formulas Available at Local Agencies webpage.
- Change WIC Staff on MDH Website
Add or update staff information that displays in the Minnesota WIC Local Agency Directory on the MDH WIC website.
- Change Grantees, Agencies or Clinics in IS and/or on MDH Website
Add/update Grantees and Agencies, and add/update/deactivate Clinics, in the Information System and on the MDH WIC website.
- Equipment/Supplies Request
Use this form to order hardware, computer peripherals, and miscellaneous supplies. Your State WIC Consultant, selected at the bottom of the form, will be notified by email of this request
- Local Agency Hardware Support Agreement (PDF)
This agreement should be used once a Local Agency decides to use their own computers for WIC and has contacted the State with this request. It outlines the requirements for using local computers with the WIC Information System and requires a signature (usually, the CHS Administrator or head of local IT signs). Once signed, it should be sent to the State Office for review and approval.
- Minnesota WIC Participant Documents Submission Form
Use to collect participant documents for proofs electronically. NOTE: the form only allows attachments up to 10 MB and no more than 15 MB total per form to be sent in the email Local Agencies will receive.
- Participant Signature Form
Use to capture participant/proxy signatures when unable to collect in the information system or to collect of Local Agency specific forms. For more information: Guidance - Participant Signature Form
- Exhibit 5-B: Registers for Manual Signatures (WORD)
Word document for collected participant/proxy signatures.
- Manual Certification - WIC Proof of Eligibility (PDF)
Use to collect household information if unable to complete a certification using the Information System.
- Manual Certification - Infants and Children (PDF)
Use to collect information for infants and children if unable to complete a certification using the Information System.
- Manual Certification - Women (PDF)
Use to collect information for women if unable to complete a certification using the Information System.
- Medical Formula Order Form
Recognition & Achievements