Health Regulation Division
- Health Regulation Division Home
- A-Z Directory
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Public Hearings
- Collaborative Safety
- COVID-19 Waiver Archive
New Ulm Medical Center Public Hearing
The Minnesota Department of Health will host a public hearing on October 11, 2023, at 6 p.m. (via Teams) on the New Ulm Medical Center's planned closure of its residential addiction services unit in New Ulm.
According to the submission filed by New Ulm Medical Center, the residential addiction services program will transition to a new partial hospitalization and day treatment program.
More information is available in the MDH news release: Public hearing set for October 11 on closure of residential addiction services unit at New Ulm Medical Center and on the New Ulm Medical Center website.
- Hospital Name: New Ulm Medical Center
- Hospital Owner: Allina Health
- Hospital Location: New Ulm, Minnesota (Brown County)
- Notification Received On: Sep. 1, 2023
- Proposed Service Change: Closure of 10-bed residential addiction services program and transition to a partial hospitalization and day treatment program.
- Public Hearing Date and Time: Oct. 11, 2023, at 6 p.m. (via Teams)
The Minnesota Department of Health serves as a facilitator to ensure there is public discussion and engagement for any proposed closure, reduction of services or relocation of services for a hospital or hospital campus as outlined in Minnesota Statutes Section 144.555.
This statute gives MDH the authority to hold the meeting and to inform the public but not to change, delay or prevent the proposed changes, closures or relocations.
- Date: Oct. 11, 2023
- Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Central Time
You can also call in using a phone. Call the phone number provided below and enter the access code.
- Audio-only call: +1-651-395-7448
- Phone Conference ID: 716 768 181#
Captioning services are being provided for attendees within the Teams interface. Detailed instructions for using the captions are available on Microsoft's website: Use live captions in a Teams meeting.
If you are unable to use captions through Teams, they are also available to view in your browser through this link once the meeting begins: MNDOH: Real Time Text.
Presentation slides will be posted prior to the call. A transcript of the hearing will be posted on this page 7-10 business days after the call.
- Presentation Slides: 2023-10-11 New Ulm Medical Center Closure of Residential Addiction Services
- Transcript: 2023-10-11 New Ulm Medical Center Closure of Residential Addiction Services Public Hearing Transcript
Submit a Comment or Question
If you have a comment or question about the proposed changes, you can share it by filling out the form at the link below until 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 12, 2023.
Comments and questions will be shared with New Ulm Medical Center and will be answered during the hearing.