Hazardous Sites & Substances
- Hazardous Sites & Substances Home
- Hazardous Waste Sites
- Choose Safe Places Minnesota
- Environmental Exposures Grand Rounds
- Exposure and Health Investigations
- Contact us
- Drinking Water
- Cancer and the Environment
- About Cancer
- Fish Consumption Guidance
- Skin Lightening Products
- Water Contaminants and Your Health
- Special Well and Boring Construction Areas
- Wells and Borings
- MDH Guidance
- Air Quality by Topic
Environmental Health Division
Spring Park Municipal Well Field NPL Site
The Spring Park Municipal Well Field Site is on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) Superfund program’s National Priorities List (NPL). It is on the list to investigate and address the possible sources of the chemical trichloroethylene (TCE) that contaminated groundwater in two out of three wells that make up the city municipal water supply. Currently, a water treatment plant reduces TCE in drinking water and protects the health of Spring Park water users.
U.S. EPA began a groundwater investigation in 2023 to help determine the source of the contamination. TCE is a common solvent that may have been used at several manufacturing or commercial properties in Spring Park. In fact, TCE has been found in the shallow groundwater and in soil vapor at properties in Spring Park.
The Health Consultation (HC) reviews all available environmental data and any potential routes of exposure related to known soil vapor and groundwater contamination in Spring Park. The HC identifies recommendations to protect public health.
People in the community are invited to review the Health Consultation and provide feedback.
The Spring Park Health Consultation is available for public comment between May 2, 2023 and June 20, 2023. Comments can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like a paper copy of the document or for other options to submit comments, call 651-201-4897.
MDH will review all comments. Changes or responses to comments will be reflected in the final version of the Health Consultation.
Public Health documents
- City of Spring Park 2022-2023 Drinking Water Testing Results (PDF)
- 2023 Health Consultation Summary (PDF)
- 2023 Health Consultation Spring Park Municipal Well Field - Public Comment Version (PDF)
- 2013 Health Consultation for the Minnetonka Lakeshore-Advance Machine Superfund Site (PDF)