Minnesota Refugee Health Program
Learn about the Refugee Health Program's efforts to coordinate domestic refugee health screenings, analyze, summarize, and share data, and train health professionals.
- Minnesota Refugee Health Program (Powerpoint) (PDF)
The Refugee Health Program aims to control communicable disease among, and resulting from, the arrival of new refugees through health assessment, treatment and referral.
- Minnesota Refugee Screening Protocol (Powerpoint) (PDF)
Minnesota's step-by-step process for screening refugees, based on national guidance and input from local infectious disease experts.
- Minnesota Refugee Health Screening Manual (PDF)
Step-by-step reference guide for resettlement agency case managers and local public health nurses. Provides information and guidelines to ensure a timely and complete initial refugee health screening exam.
- Medical Exams for U.S. Bound Refugees (Powerpoint) (PDF)
Information about the three medical exams for refugees: the Overseas Visa Medical Exam, the Domestic Refugee Health Assessment, and the Adjustment of Status Medical Examination.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Visa Designations (Powerpoint) (PDF)
An overview of immigration and commonly used terms based on designations from the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States.