Long-term Care: Influenza
Subscribe to Long-term Care Influenza Information
Get an email when new long-term care influenza information is posted.
Session was recorded on January 11, 2023, and provided information on several viruses concurrently causing respiratory illness in Minnesota long-term care facilities including influenza and RSV. Learn about current trends, virus facts and surveillance, outbreak management and influenza antiviral use, infection prevention and control measures to reduce transmission and influenza vaccination recommendations including storage and handling.
Website links to resources are provided in the session transcript: Influenza and RSV Update for Long-term Care (LTC) Transcript (PDF)
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
Tip sheet for LTC facilities on managing an influenza outbreak. Full guidance from CDC can be found on Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities.
- LTC Facility Influenza and RSV Report Form 2023-2024
Online form to report influenza and RSV outbreaks to MDH.
- Influenza-like Illness (ILI) Line List for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
Two-page form to help you collect data on each resident with ILI. This form does not need to be submitted to MDH.
- Influenza Vaccine Information for Health Professionals
Get the latest information on the flu vaccine.
- MIIC User Guidance and Training Resources
Learn to use population-based tools and reports in MIIC, like the assessment report, to determine influenza vaccination coverage rates among your long-term care residents.
- Immunizations in Long-term Care Facilities
Access to the webinar recordings from the four-part webinar series on vaccine recommendations for adults, storage and handling of vaccine, best practices for administration and more.
- Long-term Care Facility Visitor Management Guidelines while Influenza is Circulating in the Community
Guidelines for all visitors as well as those visiting ill residents.
- Influenza-like Illness in Elderly Persons
Elderly persons may not present the same symptoms when they have influenza-like illness.