STD/HIV Partner Services Program
The Partner Services Program offers people who have been diagnosed with HIV or an STD with free medical, prevention, and other services, including help with partner notification. Call the Partner Services Program at 651-201-5414.
How Partner Services Can Help
Help for when your partners need to be informed about STDs/HIV
- Download version formatted for print: How Partner Services Can Help (PDF - 3/page)
Why tell your partner
Telling a partner may not be easy, but it is important that you do. Untreated STDs can cause serious permanent damage. Many STDs have no symptoms so the only way to know is to get tested. Informing your partners gives them the opportunity to get immediate screening and treatment.
How we can help
We will work with you so that your partner can be informed in a sensitive and private way. There are a number of ways for this to happen.
- We can do it for you. A Partner Services Health Representative can take information from you about your partner. We will then discreetly get in touch with your partner, let them know of their exposure—without saying anything about you—and refer them to testing and other services they may need. Again, we will never, under any circumstances, disclose any information about you.
- We can help you do it. A Partner Services Health Representative can help prepare you to tell your partner of their possible exposure. We will also offer support and information, including referrals for testing and other services that your partner may need.
- We can do it with you. You can choose to talk with your partner along with a Partner Services Health Representative who will provide support and answer any questions and concerns your partner may have.
- You can combine these options. A Partner Services Health Representative will work with you to tell as many different partners as you want in any combination of these ways.
Why tell your partner?
Telling a partner may not be easy, but it is important that you do so. If left untreated, some STDs can cause serious permanent damage. Many STDs don’t have any symptoms so the only way to know is to get tested. Informing your partners gives them the opportunity to get immediate screening and treatment.
Partner Services will:
- Protect your privacy, identity, and personal information.
- Be there to answer questions and offer options.
- Offer medical referrals and other available resources.
For Health Professionals
Working with the Partner Services Program to Improve Patient Health (PDF - 3/page)
Collaboration is the key to better health outcomes. Our top priority is protecting the privacy and confidentiality of patients while making sure they have the support they need. Learn more about how to to work with the Partner Services Program to improve patient health.
Working with HIV Care Link Services to Improve Patient Health (PDF - 3/page)
Care Link Services is a free, time-limited and confidential program that proactively helps people newly diagnosed with HIV to start and stay in HIV care, re-engages people who are not currently receiving HIV care, and provides referrals for supportive services to address barriers to care.