Minnesota Health Care Loan Forgiveness Programs
The Minnesota Office of Rural Health and Primary Care grants Loan Forgiveness to various health care professionals serving in high-need areas. View the links below for the list of eligible professions as well as program information specific to each including eligibility, award amounts, service obligation, timelines, etc. Also visit the FAQs for additional pertinent program information.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) about the Minnesota Health Care Loan Forgiveness Program.
Application cycles for eligible professions:
I. The application cycle for the Registered Nurses in nonprofit hospitals is now CLOSED. Check back in August 2024 for the next cycle. View or download the Hospital Nurse Loan Forgiveness FAQ (PDF).
II. The application cycle for the following eligible professions is open Wednesday, November 1 through Saturday, January 6, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
View or download the 2023 MN Loan Forgiveness Program Information Notice (PIN) (PDF).
- Minnesota Rural Dental Therapists/Advanced Dental Therapist Guidelines
- Minnesota Dentist Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Mental Health Professional Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Mental Health Professional Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Advanced Practice Provider Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Advanced Practice Provider Guidelines (Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Only)
- Minnesota Nurse Faculty Guidelines
- Minnesota Long Term Care Nurses Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Pharmacist Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Physician Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Physician Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Public Health Nurse Guidelines
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org