Minnesota Health Care Loan Forgiveness Programs
The Minnesota Office of Rural Health and Primary Care grants Loan Forgiveness to various health care professionals serving in high-need areas. View the links at the bottom of this page for a listing of eligible professions as well as program information specific to each including eligibility, award amounts, service obligation, timelines, etc. Also visit the FAQs for additional pertinent program information.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions about the Minnesota Health Care Loan Forgiveness Program.
Application cycle for eligible professions:
The application cycle for 2022 is closed. Look for the next application cycle Fall 2023.
The following professions are eligible:
- Minnesota Rural Dental Therapists/Advanced Dental Therapist Guidelines
- Minnesota Dentist Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Mental Health Professional Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Mental Health Professional Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Advanced Practice Provider Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Advanced Practice Provider Guidelines (Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Only)
- Minnesota Nurse Faculty Guidelines
- Minnesota Long Term Care Nurses Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Pharmacist Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Physician Guidelines
- Minnesota Urban Physician Guidelines
- Minnesota Rural Public Health Nurse Guidelines
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org