Hazardous Sites & Substances
- Hazardous Sites & Substances Home
- Hazardous Waste Sites
- Choose Safe Places Minnesota
- Environmental Exposures Grand Rounds
- Exposure and Health Investigations
- Contact us
- Drinking Water
- Cancer and the Environment
- About Cancer
- Fish Consumption Guidance
- Skin Lightening Products
- Water Contaminants and Your Health
- Special Well and Boring Construction Areas
- Wells and Borings
- MDH Guidance
- Air Quality by Topic
Environmental Health Division
Last Updated: 01/12/2023
Reporting a Chemical Release in Minnesota
Call the Minnesota Duty Officer at 651-469-5451 or 1-800-422-0798.
- If there is an immediate threat to life or property, call 911 first.
- The Minnesota Duty Officer Program provides a single answering point for local and state agencies to request state-level assistance for emergencies, serious accidents or incidents, or for reporting hazardous materials and petroleum spills.
- The duty officer is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.