- Diabetes Home
- About Diabetes
- About Chronic Kidney Disease
- Preventing Diabetes
- Managing Diabetes
- Data and Reports
- Resources and Opportunities
- About Us
- COVID-19 and Diabetes
Last Updated: 12/29/2022
Diabetes is a lifelong condition that affects how the body breaks down sugar. In time, it can contribute to other chronic conditions or lead to complications like chronic kidney disease, loss of vision or nerve damage.
Diabetes can be challenging, but there are support systems and resources to help people manage the disease.
Type 2 diabetes is preventable. Focusing on lifestyle changes like increasing physical activity, cutting back on unhealthy foods and losing weight can help reduce risk.
If you have diabetes and need help accessing insulin supplies, you can get help from the Minnesota Insulin Safety Net Program. If you are a provider, pharmacist or pharmacy, find more information about insulin assistance.
- Causes and symptoms of diabetes, gestational diabetes, and prediabetes.
- About the Diabetes Prevention Program
- Become a Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle coach
- Minnesota's Diabetes Prevention Network
- Tools, resources and information about living with diabetes.
Data and Reports
- Statistics and information about diabetes and prediabetes.
- Updates and stories about our impact in Minnesota.
- 2030 Cardiovascular Health & Diabetes State Plan
- Contact and staff information.