- Diabetes Home
- About Diabetes
- About Chronic Kidney Disease
- Preventing Diabetes
- Managing Diabetes
- Data and Reports
- Resources and Opportunities
- About Us
- COVID-19 and Diabetes
Last Updated: 10/03/2022
Resources and Opportunities
Find resources, tools, trainings, and learning or grant opportunities related to diabetes prevention and management.
Call for Community Partners: Promoting Heart Health and Diabetes Prevention
Note: Deadline extended to July 16, 2021.
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) seeks partners to help support the development of a communications campaign in the Twin Cities metro area. The campaign aims to promote well-being in cultural communities to help prevent diabetes and heart disease, and to prevent heart disease or diabetes-related complications.
- This work intends to promote lifestyle changes that are easier, affirming, and reflective of community needs and strengths for people who are at-risk for heart disease or diabetes. Messages will focus on connecting community members to information and resources that can help them build skills, gain confidence, and access support. A healthy lifestyle can look different for different communities, and behaviors like healthy eating, physical activity, supporting mental health, and managing stress, can all help prevent and manage chronic diseases.
- This campaign provides funding to community-based organizations to lead with their lived experience and uplift artists in the community to promote heart health and diabetes prevention in their communities. Additional funding will be available to directly fund community artists at a later time.
- Community organizations that have broad representation and interest in pursuing a community-driven educational campaign may apply by 11:59 p.m. on July 16, 2021.
How to apply
- Find more information about the heart health and diabetes call for partners funding opportunity (PDF).
- Complete the heart health and diabetes partner application and send via email to Erica Chung: email@example.com.
- Refer to the application score sheet (PDF) for more information on how your organization's application will be scored.
- Any questions about the funding opportunity can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.