Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologist Licensing
If you are interested in an educator license for speech-language pathology, please see the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board website.
Peacetime emergency ends July 1: Existing COVID-19 waivers expire no later than Aug. 30 (11:59 p.m.)
The COVID-19 peacetime emergency ends on July 1, 2021. All existing COVID-19 waivers and modifications expire no later than Aug. 30, 2021 (11:59 p.m.), and regulated individuals and facilities must return to Minnesota statute and rule compliance by Aug. 30, 2021 (11:59 p.m.). MDH may provide an earlier expiration date or shorter grace period. Regulated individuals and facilities are strongly encouraged to begin planning for this transition as soon as possible and should contact the appropriate MDH division with questions.
MDH’s Health Regulation Division is working with federal authorities to provide additional guidance. Generally, in instances where a Minnesota statute or rule is more prescriptive, the Minnesota statute will prevail.
- SLPA Announcements
- ICSD License Renewal Portal
- Renewal and Continuing Education Information
- Military Exemption Information
- Application Instructions
- Licensing Statutes
- Dispenser Regulations
- Supervision Information
- Hearing Instrument Dispensing Exam Information for Audiologists
Frequently Asked Questions
- SLPA License Questions and Answers
- Disciplinary Actions
- Brochure for Audiology Services (PDF)
- Brochure for Speech-Language Pathology Services (PDF)
- Hearing Aids/Instruments Consumer Information Center
- Resources for Families and Children with Hearing Loss
- Advisory Council
- Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Related Sites
- Contact Us