Breastfeeding Friendly Workplaces
Apply to be Recognized as Breastfeeding Friendly
The Minnesota Department of Health recognizes workplaces that have demonstrated their commitment to supporting breastfeeding mothers by creating a workplace lactation support program.
- Acknowledges your workplace’s commitment to supporting healthy families
- Allows you to reap the business benefits of supporting nursing mothers
- Provides an opportunity to promote your business to the community
Workplaces that fulfill the criteria for Breastfeeding Friendly recognition will receive a printable electronic certificate, a digital logo for use on webpages or printed material, a sample media release and internal newsletter template. “Breastfeeding Friendly Recognized” window clings will be available for order. Workplaces that have demonstrated exceptional commitment to supporting and accommodating breastfeeding employees may be featured on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
How to apply
There is no charge to participate in this program.
- Use the self-assessment checklist (PDF) to review the criteria for Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace recognition and help guide the development of your workplace lactation support program.
- Complete the Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace application. NEW! We've changed the application to make it easier to complete online. Note: you can use the Save & Return feature to get a web address so you can work on the application later.
- Applications are due:
- March 15
- June 15
- Sept. 15
- Dec. 15
Email questions about the recognition program or application process to email@example.com.