- Maternal Mortality Home
- Maternal Mortality Review Committee
- Maternal Mortality Review Committee Members.
- Maternal Mortality CUES Project
- Maternal Mortality Related Information
Minnesota Maternal Death Context CUES (MMDCC) Project
In September 2021, the Injury and Violence Prevention Section and Maternal and Child Health Sections were awarded an Office on Women’s Health grant to address pregnancy-associated deaths by violence in Minnesota. In this collaborative work, over the next five years the grant aims to accomplish:
- Expand programs that review, identify, and track maternal deaths due to violence (suicide, homicides, or could not be determined)
- Implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes and reduce deaths among pregnant and postpartum women due to violence
- Implement a process and outcomes evaluation and develop a plan to sustain evidence-based interventions
- Maternal Violent Death Review Collaborative (MVDRC):
- The Maternal Mortality Review Committee’s Maternal Violent Death Workgroup will review pregnancy- associated deaths related to violence and develop recommendations for prevention and intervention.
- Expanding CUES (Confidentiality, Universal Education + Empowerment, Support):
- CUES is an evidence-based intervention to address domestic and sexual violence in health settings and is shown to improve health and safety outcomes.
- MDH and partners are training providers to use CUES as an alternative to traditional screening.
- Futures Without Violence
- Minnesota Perinatal Quality Collaborative
- Violence Free Minnesota
- Minnesota Association of Community Health Centers