Wells and Borings
- Wells and Borings Home
- EPA Request: Nitrate
- Construction of Wells and Borings
- Laws and Rules
- Minnesota Well Index
- Natural Disasters
- Online Services
- Sealing of Wells and Borings
- Special Construction Areas
- Water Quality and Testing
- Water Information
- Well Disclosure
- Well Partners
- Accredited Laboratories/Well Water Testing
- Clean Water Fund
- Contaminants in Water
- Flooded Wells
- Water and Health
Environmental Health Division
Wells and Borings
The Minnesota Department of Health's Well Management Program protects both public health and groundwater by assuring the proper construction of new wells and borings, and the proper sealing of unused wells and borings.
Announcements and news
- Response to EPA Nitrate Letter for Southeast Minnesota Dated 12/1/23
- Water Service Lines: Plumbing Plan Review and Contractor Qualification Overview (PDF) Dated 7/12/23
- US Bank Fee for Credit Card Payments (PDF) Dated 4/17/23
- Continuing Education for 2024 License Renewal (PDF) Dated 3/21/23
- Continuing Education for 2023 License Renewal (PDF) Dated 10/25/22
- Rulemaking for Portland Cement - Wells and Borings
- Rulemaking for Portland Cement - Explorers and Exploratory Borings
- Type IL Portland-Limestone Cement (PDF) Dated 5/5/22
- Process Change for Notification Verification Memo (PDF) Dated: 8/4/21
- Use of Schedule 40 PVC Well Casing Memo (PDF) Dated 8/23/21
- Geothermal, exploratory borings, isolation distances, Well Owner's Handbook, financial assistance, and other construction information.
- Advisory council, approved products and materials, continuing education, fee information, licensing, and forms.
- State fees for well construction notifications, well sealing notifications, variance requests, permits, licenses, rig/hoist registrations, and well disclosures.
- Laws and rules related to wells and borings, Rules Handbook.
- Provides information about wells and borings in Minnesota.
- Flood and wildfire precautions for private wells.
- Certified laboratories/well water testing, e-Well Disclosure logins, well contractor directory, Minnesota Well Index, and well disclosure look-up.
- Financial assistance, finding lost wells, and how to seal unused wells and borings.
- Flowing wells and borings, special well and boring construction areas, wellhead protection, and DNR groundwater management areas.
- Reports, water quality information, well disinfection, and well testing information.
- e-Well Disclosure information and county/filer login, well disclosure information and form, and look-up of previously filed disclosures.
- Local partners play an important role in helping protect private well users' health. Check out available resources.
- Links to local, state, and federal agencies; professional/trade associations; and certification organizations.
- About the Well Management Program, Delegated Well Programs, our newsletter, get email updates, and contact us.
Arsenic in Private Wells: Facts and Figures
Well Sealing Video (YouTube)
|Protect Our Precious Water: Sealing Your Unused Well|
Go to > top