Schools and Child Care
- Schools & Child Care Home
- Best Practice Recommendations and Case Reporting
- Testing in K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs
- Parent and Caregiver Information
- Institutions of Higher Education
- COVID-19 Home
- Situation Update
- About COVID-19
- Sick or Test Positive
- Close Contact or Exposure
- Protect Yourself & Others
- Materials & Resources
- Guidance Library
- Stories of Community Outreach & Partnership
- Contact Us: COVID-19 Questions
COVID-19 Notification Letter Templates for Schools, Child Care, and Youth Programs
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) provides templates of letters that schools, child care, youth programs, and camps can use to notify families and staff about COVID-19 infections and close contacts.
Privacy note: To protect the privacy of the person who has COVID-19, notifications should contain no information that may potentially identify them. When using these templates, be sure to customize them by including important information about the infection, such as dates and where contact happened.
Close contact notification
Use the letter below when participant or staff member is identified as a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and should stay home. The letter explains that the close contact should stay home and not go to school, work, child care, youth program, camp or other activities during their quarantine period.
- Template: Close Contact Notification Letter (Word)
Resources regarding close contact and quarantine timelines.
Programs can use this letter to inform families or staff that a person in the school, child care, youth program, or camp has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Template: General Notification Letter (Word)