COVID-19 Research Studies in Minnesota
Research efforts that are currently underway to improve our understanding of COVID-19. Including links to some clinical trials and other studies that are recruiting participants from Minnesota, as well as links to other studies being done in Minnesota to get a better picture of the trends and impact of COVID-19.
Organizations looking for study participants:
Note: MDH is providing links to help people find opportunities to be involved in research studies that may apply to them. MDH is not involved in these research studies.
- University of Minnesota: UMN Clinical Trials
Information on several clinical trials to determine if drugs used for malaria, high blood pressure, and Ebola can help people exposed to COVID-19.
- RedCross: Plasma Donations from Recovered COVID-19 Patients
- Mayo Clinic: Expanded Access to Convalescent Plasma for the Treatment of Patients With COVID-19
Click on "For patients and family" to learn more.
- Memorial Blood Centers: The fight against COVID-19
- NIH: ClinicalTrials.gov
Other studies can be found on the National Institutes of Health's website for clinical trials. Search for "COVID-19" under "Condition or disease."
- UMN School of Public Health: COVID-19 Science and Research
Summaries of research projects happening through the School of Public Health exploring different aspects of COVID-19, including information on Minnesota COVID-19 Modeling done in partnership with MDH.
- Mayo Clinic Researchers Double Down on COVID-19
Summaries of research projects happening at Mayo Clinic, including clinical trials and other studies, to find treatments for COVID-19 as well as a vaccine to prevent it.
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in Healthy Blood Donors
Partnership with Innovative Blood Resources and the University of Minnesota to assess for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies among blood donors.
- Nobles County Serology Study
MDH and local officials in the Worthington area are partnering on a study seeking better understanding of how COVID-19 spreads through a community.