COVID-19 Research Studies in Minnesota
This page has links to research efforts that are currently underway to improve our understanding of COVID-19. On this page, you will find links to some clinical trials and other studies that are recruiting participants from Minnesota, as well as links to other studies being done in Minnesota to get a better picture of the trends and impact of COVID-19.
Note: MDH is providing links to help people find opportunities to be involved in research studies that may apply to them. MDH is not involved in these research studies.
Organizations looking for study participants:
- University of Minnesota: UMN Clinical Trials
Information on several clinical trials to determine if drugs used for malaria, high blood pressure, and Ebola can help people exposed to COVID-19.
- RedCross: Plasma Donations from Recovered COVID-19 Patients
- Mayo Clinic: Expanded Access to Convalescent Plasma for the Treatment of Patients With COVID-19
Click on "For patients and family" to learn more.
- Memorial Blood Centers: The fight against COVID-19
- NIH: ClinicalTrials.gov
Other studies can be found on the National Institutes of Health's website for clinical trials. Search for "COVID-19" under "Condition or disease."
- UMN School of Public Health: COVID-19 Science and Research
Summaries of research projects happening through the School of Public Health exploring different aspects of COVID-19, including information on Minnesota COVID-19 Modeling done in partnership with MDH.
- Mayo Clinic Researchers Double Down on COVID-19
Summaries of research projects happening at Mayo Clinic, including clinical trials and other studies, to find treatments for COVID-19 as well as a vaccine to prevent it.
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in Healthy Blood Donors
Partnership with Innovative Blood Resources and the University of Minnesota to assess for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies among blood donors.