- COVID-19 Home
- Situation Update
- About COVID-19
- Sick or Test Positive
- Close Contact or Exposure
- Protect Yourself & Others
- Materials & Resources
- Guidance Library
- Stories of Community Outreach & Partnership
- Contact Us: COVID-19 Questions
- Health Care
- Congregate Settings & Care Facilities
- Businesses & Employers
- Schools & Child Care
- Institutions of Higher Education
COVID-19 Research Studies in Minnesota
Research efforts that are currently underway to improve our understanding of COVID-19. Including links to some clinical trials and other studies that are recruiting participants from Minnesota, as well as links to other studies being done in Minnesota to get a better picture of the trends and impact of COVID-19.
Organizations looking for study participants:
Note: MDH is providing links to help people find opportunities to be involved in research studies that may apply to them. MDH is not involved in these research studies.
- University of Minnesota: UMN Clinical Trials
Information on several clinical trials to determine if drugs used for malaria, high blood pressure, and Ebola can help people exposed to COVID-19.
- Essentia Health: ACTIV-6 Clinical Research Trial
ACTIV-6 is an at-home clinical study working testing medications that are approved for treating health conditions other than COVID-19 to see if they can help people with mild to moderate COVID-19 feel better faster and stay out of the hospital.
- NIH: ClinicalTrials.gov
Other studies can be found on the National Institutes of Health's website for clinical trials. Search for "COVID-19" under "Condition or disease."
- UMN School of Public Health: COVID-19 Science and Research
Summaries of research projects happening through the School of Public Health exploring different aspects of COVID-19, including information on Minnesota COVID-19 Modeling done in partnership with MDH.
- Mayo Clinic Researchers Double Down on COVID-19
Summaries of research projects happening at Mayo Clinic, including clinical trials and other studies, to find treatments for COVID-19 as well as a vaccine to prevent it.
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in Healthy Blood Donors
Partnership with Innovative Blood Resources and the University of Minnesota to assess for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies among blood donors.
- Survivor Corps: National and International Research Studies and Trials
List of surveys and studies focused on long COVID and other post-COVID conditions. Includes remote options for participation.