- Radioactive Materials Home
- Environmental Monitoring
- Prairie Island Monitoring
- Environmental Radiation Monitoring FAQs
- Licensing and Forms
- Licensing and Regulatory Guides
- Security Checklists
- Industrial Radiographer Exams
- Information Notices
- Minnesota Radiation Emergency Volunteers (MREV)
- Radiation Rulemaking
- Laws and Rules
Environmental Health Division
Rule Amendments to Radiation Safety Rules
Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4731, Revisor ID Number R - 4793
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is considering amendments to Minnesota Rules, chapter 4731 (Radiation Safety) that incorporate requirements to maintain compatibility with U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) regulations as required by our agreement.
MDH published a Request for Comments in the Minnesota State Register for the Radiation Safety Rules Amendments on June 5, 2023. The Request for Comments is the first step in the rulemaking process and an opportunity to obtain input from interested parties.
Request for Comments has a 60-day comment period that ends on August 6, 2023.
Request for Comments as published on June 5, 2023, in the Minnesota State Register Volume 47, Number 49 (Page 1156)
Minnesota State Register, Volume 47, Number 49 (PDF)
Proposed Rule Amendments Governing Radiation Safety, Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4731
Proposed Permanent Rule Amendments Governing Radiation Safety, Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4731 (PDF) (July 17, 2023)
How to comment
Interested persons or groups may submit comments or information on draft rule amendments.
Please submit your questions or comments using the Public Comment online form.
- Minnesota Administrative Rules, chapter 4731, Radiation Safety.
- Summary of the main parts of the process, important documents, and timeline for developing and adopting rules.
Contact the Radioactive Materials Unit for questions or comments regarding the rule amendments.