- Lodging Home
- Bed Bugs Fact Sheet
- Board & Lodging with Special Services
- Youth Camps
- Laws and Rules
- Lodging Resources
- Online Complaint Form
- FPLS Contact Us
- FBL Licensing
- FBL Plan Review
- Swimming Pools & Spas
- Drinking Water
- Food Safety
- Food, Pools, and
Environmental Health Division
Minnesota Lodging Rule Revision
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has begun the process to revise the Minnesota Lodging Code.
The proposed revisions to the rule would likely affect:
- Local units of government
- Bed and Breakfast establishments
- Lodging establishments
- Boarding establishments
- Youth Camps
- Recreational camping facilities
- Yurts, Airbnb's and other vacation rentals
- Other lodging establishments licensed under Minnesota Statutes, chapter 157
- Persons who stay in these lodging facilities
Your comments wanted
Interested persons or groups may submit comments or information on draft rule amendments in writing until notice is published in the State Register that the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) intends to adopt or withdraw the rules.
How to Comment
Please submit for each suggested rule language change.
Please submit your questions or comments using this online form:
Public Comment - Lodging Code Rule Revision 2018
Proposed Permanent Rules Relating to Lodging
Proposed Permanent Rules Relating to Lodging (PDF), State Revisor’s Version (October 12, 2022)
(Note: This is draft language only. Additional changes to this language are likely. Underline language is proposed new language, Strikeout language is language proposed to be removed.)
Request for Comments as published on January 2, 2018, in the Minnesota State Register, Volume 42, Number 27 (Page 743)
Minnesota State Register, Volume 42, Number 27 (PDF)
(Note: This publication has an incorrect agency contact email address. Contact Lodging Rule Revision Contacts for questions or comments and requests for more information on these possible rules.)
- Minnesota Administrative Rules, chapter 4625, Lodging Establishments
- Summary of the main parts of the process, important documents, and timeline for developing and adopting rules.
- Lodging Code Rule Revision Advisory Committee List
If you have any questions regarding the rule revision process, please contact Linda Prail, Rule and Policy Coordinator at either email@example.com or 651-201-5792.
Contact Us for questions or comments regarding the rule amendments.
Subscribe to Lodging Rule Revision Updates
Get Email Updates when information on the Minnesota Lodging Rule Revision is added or updated to this website.