- Asthma Home
- About Asthma
- Managing Asthma
- For Schools
- For Health Care Professionals
- For Homes
- For Communities
- For Workplaces
- Who We Are
- COVID-19 and Asthma
Last Updated: 02/02/2023
Asthma Management in Schools
School staff are essential partners in helping students to successfully manage their asthma. School health office staff must work closely with school personnel as well as students, parents, and health care providers. But in order to provide care for students effectively, parents and their children's health care providers need to work as partners with schools by providing crucial information about students asthma health. After all, healthy children learn better.
While not a comprehensive list, these pages offer guidance and resources for school staff to help them identify, prevent and manage asthma symptoms in the school setting.
Managing Asthma in Minnesota Schools
- Information and resources designed to inform school staff about asthma and to share practices that help ensure a safe learning environment for students with asthma.
Managing the School Environment
- Resources to support asthma friendly school environments.
- School policies, templates, tools and forms for the school health office.
High School Coaches Asthma Learning Module
- Required training for all Minnesota High School coaches. Administered by the Minnesota State High School League.