Health Care: COVID-19
- Health Care Home
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Long-term Care
- Health Care Facilities & Systems
- Therapeutic Options
- Surgeries & Procedures
- Clinical Recommendations for Underlying Medical Conditions
- Mental Health & Resiliency Tools
Reporting COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 Clusters in Health Care Facilities
Long-term care facilities, including group homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and acute care facilities should report using the forms and instructions below.
Long-term care facilities
Long-term care facilities, including group homes, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities should continue to use the online reporting form.
Acute care facilities
Acute care facilities should report clusters of COVID-19 cases or request technical assistance for management of case clusters by using the online cluster report form.
Acute care facilities should report clusters of COVID-19-like illness that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Two or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in patients with symptom onset (or positive test, if asymptomatic) occurring four or more days after admission for a non-COVID-19 condition. Confirmed cases must occur within a seven-day period, and patients must share an epidemiologic link(s) (e.g., roommate, on same unit).
- Three or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 occurring within a seven-day period among health care workers who share an epidemiologic link(s).