- MN e-Health Conference
- MN e-Health Updates
- Public Health Reporting & Promoting Interoperability
- MN Interoperable EHR Requirements
- MN POLST Registry Study
Minnesota Certified HIOs
A state-certified health information organization (HIO) is an organization granted a Certificate of Authority to operate in Minnesota.
An HIO is an organization that that oversees, governs, and facilitates health information exchange among health care providers that are not related health care entities as defined in Minnesota Statutes section 144.291, subdivision 2, paragraph (i), to improve coordination of patient care and the efficiency of health care delivery.
Certification Period: May 15, 2023 - May 15, 2024
The Koble Group, LLC is granted a certificate of authority to operate as a HIESP in Minnesota, in accordance with Minnesota Statutes sections 62J.498 through 62J.4982. Specifically, they are certified to operate as a HIO to provide the following services currently being provided in Minnesota, as described in their application materials:
- Direct Secure Messaging
- Query-based services using Record Locator Service and Enterprise Master Patient Index with the following transactions: Admission, Discharge, Transfer (ADT), Transfer of Care (C-CDA), Referral Summaries (CDA), Radiology Results (ORU), and Laboratory Results (ORU), and Immunizations (VXU – bi-directional)
- Personal Health Record (PHR)
- Clinical Data Repository
- Alerts and Notifications, including connection to Audacious Inquiry for Minnesota Department of Human Services Encounter Alert Service (EAS) contributing Medicaid encounter alert information
- Participant of National eHealth Exchange as a bidirectional (Initiator and Responder)
- Participant of Carequality
- MDH – HIO Gateway for registries and public health reporting (e.g., NSSP)
- Uses Orion Health as technical vendor to facilitate exchange between Koble participants as well as with other state and national health information networks
To register a complaint or concern about health information exchange (HIE) services in Minnesota, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include:
- Your name
- Your organization
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Complete details of your complaint or concern (please be specific)
- What you would like to see happen to resolve your complaint or concern
Based on the information you provide, we will do our best to help resolve the issue(s).
Back to Minnesota HIE Oversight Program