HIV/AIDS Statistics - 2019
HIV cases remained stable with 275 cases reported in 2019, compared to 286 cases in 2018. This is below the 5-year average of 296 cases per year from 2015-2019.
- Males account for 72% of all new HIV cases during 2019.
- Male-to-male sex remains the main risk factor for males of all ages.
- Over half (61%) of new HIV cases are among communities of color.
Data Release Webinar
- With audio narration: HIV 2019 Data Release (PPT with audio)
- No audio narration: HIV 2019 Data Release (PPT)
- HIV Incidence Report, 2019 (PPT)
This report describes the occurrence of reported HIV infections in Minnesota by person, place, and time through December 31, 2019. Such data provide information about where and among whom HIV transmission is likely occurring. This knowledge can in turn be used to help educate, target prevention efforts, plan for services, and develop policy.
HIV/AIDS Prevalence and Mortality Report, 2019 (PPT)
This report contains estimates of HIV/AIDS prevalence (the number of persons living with HIV or AIDS) and mortality in Minnesota. These estimates can be used to help educate, plan for HIV/AIDS services and develop policy.
Surveillance Technical Notes (PDF)
The HIV/AIDS Surveillance Technical Notes are a supplement to the HIV Incidence and HIV/AIDS Prevalence and Mortality Reports.